2019 Camp Season
I always wanted to go to camp my whole life.
This is all the information you will need for 2019 Camp Scholarships. This year we are offering camp scholarships for full or half tuition to Butler Springs Christian Camp in Hillsboro, OH and to Woodland Lakes Christian Camp in Amelia, OH.
EY is all about building relationships so we ask that you pick a camp close to your school where you can meet camp counselors who you will be able to interact with long after summer is over.
Woodland Lakes Christian Camp is great for students attending a Clermont County or Brown County School while Butler Springs is awesome for students in Adams and Highland County schools.
To apply, you can also download by clicking 2019 Camp scholarship school wide intake form
Frequently asked questions:
1. Can I attend any camp at Woodland Lakes or Butler Springs? We ask you only choose camps that are held on their campuses. Trips away from their camps like Rough River at Woodland Lakes are not always a good fit for students who have never been to camp. We would hate for you to be homesick hours from home.
2. Are the camps free? NO they are not. Your cost is $5 if you attend a day camp, $10 for camps that have 1st-4th grade ages, and $20 for camps that serve 5th grade through high school grades. OUR COST is the entire balance that you don’t pay with your deposit. For some camps that’s more than $200 that EY will fund raise.
3. Am I guaranteed a spot at camp? The scholarship forms must be turned in by April 15. The earlier you turn in your form, the sooner we can send you the codes to register your son or daughter for camp. Some camps will fill up quickly so don’t delay if you already know you want to go to camp.
4. Do I have to help raise my own scholarship? If you have attended camp before and are currently in 7th-12th grade we ask that you do 10 hours of community service with Empower Youth. At least 4 of those hours will be helping us do a parking event that raises funds directly supporting our camp scholarships. Last year we raised more than $17,000 parking cars.
5. Can I be rejected for a scholarship? Unfortunately, yes. You must fill out the entire form or it will not be considered. This includes the written or video essay. Why is that important? Because we actually use those to help raise funds for camp. If you are unable to write you may draw a picture– but please parents– don’t try to fake us out by drawing the picture for your children– trust us–we know!
6. Is this scholarship for students who have financial needs? Yes. But we have an odd way of tracking your need. We trust you when you apply. We do not ask for any proof of finances. If you apply and you don’t need it to attend then we hope that next year you will see the benefit of still attending by leaving a scholarship spot open for another child who wouldn’t attend without it.
7. Still need more information? Please email Lori at email@example.com.
8. Where can I obtain an application form if I cannot download the flyer? Applications will be in all schools where EY weekend foodbags are distributed by February 10. We can mail you an application/flyer if you fill out the box below.