This is all the information you will need for 2020 Camp Scholarships. This year we are offering camp scholarships again to students in the weekend food pack program, one per student, for full or half tuition to Butler Springs Christian Camp in Hillsboro, OH and to Woodland Lakes Christian Camp in Amelia, OH.
Once you are READY TO APPLY (1) submit your deposit below and (2) fill out the online form here: EY Camp Scholarship Application (3) if you are 7th grade or older, commit to 10 service hours with Empower Youth, at least 4 of which must be with a parking fundraiser. DEPOSIT and APPLICATION (with essay/video) are DUE APRIL 15th.
EY is all about building relationships so we ask that you pick a camp close to your school where you can meet camp counselors who you will be able to interact with long after summer is over.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Can I attend any camp at Woodland Lakes or Butler Springs? We ask you only choose camps that are held on their campuses. Trips away from their camps like Rough River at Woodland Lakes are not always a good fit for students who have never been to camp. We would hate for you to be homesick hours from home.
2. Are the camps free? NO they are not. YOUR COST is $5 if you attend a day camp, $10 for camps that have 1st-4th graders, and $20 for camps that serve 5th grade through high school grades. OUR COST is the entire balance beyond your deposit, and we have to pay no matter what when you register. For some camps that’s $285 that EY will fund raise.
3. Am I guaranteed a spot at camp? The scholarship forms must be turned in by April 15. The earlier you turn in your application and your deposit, the sooner we can send you the codes to register your child for camp. Both application and deposit are required to receive your scholarship registration code. Some camps will fill up quickly so don’t delay if you know you want to go to camp.
4. Do I have to help raise my own scholarship? If you have attended camp before and are currently in 7th-12th grade we ask that you do 10 hours of community service with Empower Youth. At least 4 of those hours will be helping us do a parking event that raises funds directly supporting our camp scholarships. Last year we raised more than $17,000 parking cars.
5. Can I be rejected for a scholarship? Unfortunately, yes. You must fill out the entire form or it will not be considered. This includes the written essay or video essay. Why is that important? Because we actually use those to help raise funds for camp. If you are unable to write you may draw a picture– but please parents– don’t try to fake us out by drawing the picture for your children– trust us–we know!
6. Is this scholarship for students who have financial needs? Yes. But we have an odd way of tracking your need. We trust you when you apply. We do not ask for any proof of finances. If you apply and you don’t need it to attend then we hope that next year you will see the benefit of still attending by leaving a scholarship spot open for another child who wouldn’t attend without it.
7. Still need more information? Please fill out the form below or email Empower Youth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A deposit is required to receive a scholarship code (EY covers remaining cost of $35-$300). Deposits must be submitted to obtain a scholarship. You can submit your deposit using the options below, or send an envelope with cash and a note with the camper name to Empower Youth:
PO Box 351
Bethel, OH 45106
EY Camp Scholarship Deposit – 4-6 year old day camp
EY Camp Scholarship Deposit – Grades 1-4
EY Camp Scholarship Deposit – Grades 5 and above